Saturday, November 19, 2011

Live to Eat Not Eat to Live

 I know how it all happened. I know how I fell in love with food. Blame it on New York.  I moved there when I was 19 with my boyfriend(now husband). I'm a beach girl, born and raised in Virginia Beach, so the hustle and bustle of the concrete jungle was not really my cup of tea but I made the best of it. I took all the positives back to Virginia, where I am now home again with my family. I am thankful for the 8 years I did live in NY because it really did change who I am in alot of ways. Including the way I view food. The food, ohhhhhh the food, the food was AMAZING. From the hotdog stands on the side of the streets to the 5 star restaurants in Manhattan all the way to the local mom and pop diners in Queens....my palate was tantalized. I learned to appreciate every cuisine.  I was not and am not at all narrow minded when it comes to food. It was there I first tried sushi, raw oysters, freshly brewed ales, my first glass of wine, etc..... It was there I learned that you cannot eat just to live.....you must live to eat.....enjoy every moment, savor every bite, relish every sip.

2 comments:

  1. New York is definately the best teacher of all kinds of well rounded new experiences!! I'm glad you are back in VA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Madam, well said. I love food. It loves me back. It proves it's love by continually flying into my mouth and taking up permanent residence on my ass.

    Terri

    ReplyDelete