Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Me soooo in love with Miso Soup (Yes, I am a Dork.)


Tis the season for Miso soup….ok maybe not the season but now’s as good a time as any.  Want to know how I judge a good Japanese/Sushi restaurant???  Yep, you got it, by their Miso soup.  Just like I judge every Mexican restaurant I go to by…well by two things really….their salsa and their Margaritas…but this is a whole other blog post.  I LOVE Miso soup. Every palate is different and not all may share my humble opinions but that’s the joy of eating.  I can be a food critic just for my own benefit!!!  Miso soup on a cold dreary day is a bowl of hot happiness.  I say “hot happiness” because that is the ONLY way to eat Miso soup, steamy hot!  The perfect Miso soup has to have just the right amount of salt….I like to be able to taste the salt but ofcourse overwhelming salt flavoring is not a good thing.  I like my Miso soup with cubes of tofu in it, enough so I know they are there.  I am not ashamed to say that I have frequented probably  all of the Sushi restaurants in my city….well maybe not all, but most…and I can count on one hand the places I have visited more than once because of their perfect  Miso soup.  Miso soup sets the standard of the restaurant for me.  Every lovely  Miso soup I have tasted has always been followed by the freshest sushi and most flavor filled entrées.  So in other words perfect Miso soup=perfect sushi restaurant.  There is nothing like a cozy bowl of soup in the cold Winter time….next time you’re craving one, try some Miso!!!  You might just find yourself thinking “Me soooo in love with Miso soup!”

No comments:

Post a Comment