Thursday, December 29, 2011

Chili Dawg Wine, Are You Kidding Me?


This past Summer I attended the Neptune Wine Festival here at the ocean front in Virginia Beach. I sampled many wonderful wines some sweet, some bitter, some heavy, some light…..but the one that stands out most in my mind is the Chili Dawg 750 from The Peaks Of Otter Winery. I know it doesn’t sound too pleasant and I was hesitant to try it myself, but this odd blend of light apple wine and chili pepper wine was actually way better than I’d like to admit. I mean who drinks wine that tastes like a chili dawg? that’s just not classy! To top it off the wine pourer at the booth offered(recommended is more like it) a squirt of cheese whiz and a shot of wine and we were good to go!  Yes, you have to have cheese with your chili dawg,..there is no other way! I was pleasantly surprised by the combined flavors…the cheese, the light apple wine, and the chili pepper wine. No doubt I’ll be ordering a bottle very soon! Now as for the straight Chili pepper wine they gave me next called “ Kiss The Devil”, that nearly lit my mouth on fire, I’ll be passing on that next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment